Friday, July 07, 2006

Life's rejection is your protection

Response to a mate after a bad date:

First: I'm sorry about your crappy date with the crappy boy.
I love the notion that some men feel it is perfectly acceptable to disrespect a woman in their pursuit for some v-jj.
Yeah...don't even get me started.

While I can really feel for your situation, re: boy, and how he treated you with such disdain, I really have to call into question the behaviour of your "hot" girlfriend.

While, I wasn't there, and while I don't know all the deets, I *DO* know the type (lord, I hate that descriptor) of woman you speak of. It's the type of woman who is a fantastic chum when it's just the ladies, and, then, loses her brains (and sense of respect and loyalty) whenever a man is around.

Let me ask you: what kind of friend FLIRTS with your date?

Who cares if there isn't a second date with this bloke...it's DISRESPECTFUL to move in while the meat is still fresh.

OK, Ok, now we have the fatalists jumping in: "but what if these two were MEANT to be together?"

So, what if??? If life really is pre-destined that way, don't you think another encounter will occur? And if life is only pre-destined up to a point (and the rest is, theoretically, under my control -- a dangerous, dicey method of existence I won't even get into here) then who says it's not possible to pursue this manner in a more refined, respectful and dignified manner.

The very fact that both boy and said friend FORGOT to take into account your feelings simply says to me that this is a case of "lust dressed up as dreams of romance" then pre-determined true love.

Then again, perhaps that's why I'm still single...

No comments: